FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC file importing

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Isser
JVC file importing
on Feb 27, 2008 at 11:49:17 pm

I have a high profile client who wants to use the jvc gz-mg35u for some team building exercises. I searched online, but can't find anything on this camera except for a picture, which indicates that it uses JVC's HDD system. Does anyone have experience importing and working with their files in FCP? I'm wondering if this is one of those mpeg-2 formats. If anyone has experience, can you let me know settings and any conversions I might need to do? Also any road blocks I should keep in mind?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

johnny clark
Re: JVC file importing
on Feb 28, 2008 at 8:39:15 pm

Hey David,
Just do a test capture and you'll be able to find out if it works.
If it's HDD then it's MPEG codec...
How old is this camera?
I couldn't find anything on this camera but accessories to buy.
I would recommend doing a test and making sure before you shoot all your footage.
Let me know what you find out.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

David Isser
on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:06:51 pm

unfortunately, I don't have access to the camera until next week, so I won't be able to run any tests. Have you or anyone worked with any sort of mpeg files in FCP? Can you set your sequence to a workable codec or am I going to have to convert beforehand?

Return to posts index

johnny clark
on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:21:28 pm

Hey David,
It should be OK.
I would recommend using MPEG Streamclip 1.9 (free) if you need to convert any footage. You can convert to whatever codec you like, and it's free. Basically you just dump the file into Streamclip and Export or convert it. Done.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

David Isser
on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:33:30 pm

I have mpeg streamclip, that's a good idea. thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]