FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HD110U & Green Screen

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Dodge
JVC GY-HD110U & Green Screen
on Feb 22, 2008 at 11:31:57 pm

I'm new to the JVC GY-HD110U and rented one for a shoot I did this past week in Colorado. I have used the camera before in DV mode for other projects and have loved the results. (This was also a DV shoot) I was doing a green screen shoot with the narrator of the doc I am working on. The picture looked fine on the camera, looked good in DV Rack. Later I went to look at the video I had captured on an exteranl HD using Serious Magic DV Rack. The shots and the edgeing around the narrator were jagged and as he moved it appeared to ripple along some of the edges. This is quite disturbing as all of the other interviews with the other veterans were shoot with the Panasonic AG DVC-80 or AG DVX-100. This footage was great and did not show the edge artifacting. Has anyone else seen this with the GY-HD110U or was there some settings that I should have used to make it look better. Please keep in mind that the lcd screen looked fine and so did the computer screen (DV Rack). I also went back and looked at the tape I had caputred and it was also edgey. Thank-you for any insite you can get. I may have to go back and reshoot this footage again if something cannot be salvaged. Thank-you.

Return to posts index

Dave Sullivan
Re: JVC GY-HD110U & Green Screen
on Mar 12, 2008 at 12:20:14 am

Hello Terry,

Couple of questions for you Terry. Was there any reason why you were shooting in DV, rather than HDV?
If you are going to pull a key from footage shot on the HD-100/HD-200 range of cameras ALWAYS shoot in HDV, rather than DV, as you will get much better results.
When you are shooting with any HD/HDV camera, always use the best quality monitor you can get hold of, so that you are able to make sure everything is 100% before you wrap.
What lighting were you using? Lighting is even more important when you are intending to pull a key, as is the distance between your subject, and the green screen.
If you are able to send me a sample clip, of say 20 - 30 sec's long I will see if I can work out how you might be able to salvage the footage you have already shot. (Quicktime export, current settings).
To be honest, and I'm sorry to say, you might have to re-shoot the footage, but please let me have a look at the footage to see what can be done.
I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Dave

JVC Camera/Deck forum host

goodrobot@btinternet.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]