FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hey Johnny Clark...or anyone...dubbing to HD100...

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Baker
Hey Johnny Clark...or anyone...dubbing to HD100...
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:50:02 pm

Hey all,

I'm having a heck of time getting a dub out to my HD100 from Final Cut...most recent version.

I get image on the lcd but nothing will record to tape...would like to just do "crash" record but when I play back from timeline...all I get is a still where the cti is located upon stopping playback.

Wasted all morning on this stupid dub and still now where...please help!!! Audio Video settings set to playback via firewire...so why is not working?

Sorry to sound like an idiot here...I just never go to tape anymore...always goes to dvd or web.

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

johnny clark
Re: Hey Johnny Clark...or anyone...dubbing to HD100...
on Jan 29, 2008 at 1:32:25 am

Hey Tim,
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've printed back to HDV tape in a while either.
Assuming that you have everything set to playback to Firewire correctly, try refreshing the A/V devices and just double check. try setting the frames to ALL. Just an idea, don't think it affects printing to tape but maybe. Do this by hitting (APPLE) & (F12). I will check tomorrow! Haven't ever had a problem with that feature but it has been some time since printing back to tape.

Good luck.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

Tim Baker
on Jan 29, 2008 at 3:00:38 am

Ok...got my CU-VH1 back from my buddy tonight and am trying it now.

In "edit to tape"...it appears that all I am getting is good clean audio and the first frame of video in my timeline...which in this case is the first frame of my bars. So it is sending good audio and freezing the video with the first frame.

In "Print to Video"...I dont appear to be getting anything.

And again...if I "play from timeline"...I only get the good audio...and the still of where the CTI is sitting at the time or when I hit space bar to stop it updates to the frame that it stops on.

I am at a loss...this should be a no-brainer and the easiest thing to do.

I need help desperately.

Thanks all,

Tim Baker

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

johnny clark
on Jan 29, 2008 at 3:40:29 pm

Tim,
I am heading to the studio this morning and I will give it a try.
You don't by chance have anything else plugged into the Firewire Bus do you...
Try the ALL Frames and Entire Media in 'Print to Video'.
Just some first thoughts.

I will get back to you today.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

Tim Baker
on Jan 29, 2008 at 4:33:56 pm

Yeah...been there tried that...lol.

Check out the new thread on the FCP list...but bus is clean excepting the firewire to camera/deck.

I am totally stumped.

I am posting an HD video right now and I am getting full frame/res video and audio in playback via firewire to the CU-VH1 Deck monitor...I cant figure the difference from that to the Mini-DV video I was trying to dub.

Cant test dub the HD video yet...but I may try it just to see what happens.

Thanks so much...

Tim Baker

(239)849-3295

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]