FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD110U with Harddrive

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Peterson
HD110U with Harddrive
on Jan 23, 2008 at 8:18:01 pm

I am begining to do some research into purchasing a new HD camera. I am looking for any information people have on the HD110u. I really like that it is shoulder mounted, opposed to the HVX200. I've also read that it is a very good idea to replace the battery system with Anton or IDX, and right now B&H has a promotion that they will give you an IDX system if you buy the camera from them, so that might push me to buy it sooner. I am looking for a camera that I can shoot on tape with for now, and then upgrade to tapeless media when I have more money to purchase the harddrives (or P2 Cards or XD cards, depending upon which camera I decide to buy). I know the HD110u can be used with a harddrive, so I would like to know if anyone has an advice or experience with this camera used with harddrives. I have read about the HD100 kit, but does it work with other drives?

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: HD110U with Harddrive
on Jan 24, 2008 at 8:22:10 pm

Hey Michele,
The JVC HD100/110u are great, specially if you prefer the shoulder mount style. If the majority of your work is going to SD DVD this camera is wonderful. Shoot and Edit in HDV then export once you're finished and it looks stellar. The hard drive is a great option and once you can afford it get it. It's a time saver, that's it. If you have some time to spare then use the $1300 and get some lights. Shooting progressive is sooooo nice. Check out the Pro's of this camera series: Tim Dashwood and Paolo Ciccone. They've created many spot on scene files FREE for the JVC line of cams. I use the Fujinon 13x lens and it does spank the 16x stock lens.
Let me know if you're interested as I have several HD100's and am contemplating selling one, just don't use all of them all the time...

Hope this helps!

John C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]