FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-DV700

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JK VIDEO
JVC GY-DV700
on Nov 19, 2007 at 7:41:34 pm

I have a JVC GY-DV700 camera. It has a dead pixel. I was wondering if anyone knew if this camera has the error correction feature that the GY-DV500 camera has. I already tried holding the white balance button when turning on the camera. That gives me a similar menu to the one that appears while performing the same action on the DV500...but no error correction. JVC wants to have the camera sent in...not being cheap...I just don't want to pay $300 when I could just as easily push a few buttons. JVC tech has informed me there is a software fix...he just said it was complicated. The same tech told me the same story about the error correction in the DV500. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

serleejus
Re: JVC GY-DV700
on Dec 1, 2007 at 1:11:47 am

Hi, we use these and we have the service manual which I remember that there is a *fix* for the CCD's if there are any dead pixels. I will try to dig up the service manual for you and look for it.

Return to posts index

JK VIDEO
on Dec 3, 2007 at 10:37:35 pm

Thank you for your post...any help would be great!

Return to posts index

serleejus
on Dec 4, 2007 at 2:25:16 pm

Great Camera.. Still I think the best 2/3" DV cam around. We use PAL version here and do an NTSC 24p conversion afterwords... Great picture!

Here is what the service manual says.

Be sure to warm up the camera by leaving it on for more than 2 hours before performing the "ERROR DETECT START".

The white blemish correction is performed with the lens irtis closed or with the lens cap on.

The "ERROR DETECT MENU" can be displayed on the viewfinder screen by setting [POWER] switch to ON while tilting the [ZEBRA/SKIN AREA] switch rightward (toward SKIN AREA.

ERROR DETECT START
When this item is selcted and the [SHUTTER] dial is puched, the white blemish detection for correcting CCD white blemish starts automatically. The following messages are displayed on the viewfinder screen during detection.

ERROR DETECT EXECUTING

ERROR DETECT END

After completion of error detection, the camera is automatically set to the white blemish correction ON condition. The following types of white blemish can be corrected. (90% squared of the CCD area)

"CCD SPOT MENU"
The "CCD SPOT MENU" can be displayed on the viewfinder screen by setting the [POWER] switch to ON while tilting the [ZEBRA/SKIN AREA] switch rightward (toward SKIN AREA) and [AUTOWHITE/ACCUFOCUS] switch downward (toward ACCUFOCUS).

CCD CORRECT (ON/OFF)
This item sets whether white blemish due to CCD is to be corrected or not.
To correct: ON (default setting)
Do not correct: OFF
Even when OFF is selected, it is temporary and ON is recalled the next time power is turned on.

Hope this is what you are looking for!

Let me know if it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]