FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to capture HDV-SD60P frame rate.

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DigitalMogul
Want to capture HDV-SD60P frame rate.
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:46:46 pm

This is a correction to my last post. Anyone know if Final Cut will edit the JVC GYHD100 camera, HDV-SD60p fame rate? If not is there a work around?

Return to posts index

DigitalMogul
Re: Want to capture HDV-SD60P frame rate, found a solution
on Nov 11, 2007 at 1:45:55 am

Hello,

The GYHD 100 does do 60p but it is HDV-SD60p which shoots at 480/60p the HD200 is shooting 720p/60. I have found a work around on another forum. Would like to share:

"I briefly had a project that was shot in this format - I was able to edit it on Final Cut 5.1.4 but the only thing was at the time I could not capture it directly in Final Cut. I had to use a piece of software you can download from Apple called DVHSCap to be able to capture the HDV stream... and from there I was able to preserve the slow motion..
Now, I'm not sure if FCP 6 has fixed this capture problem - but I definitely know that you can consider DVHSCap a workaround that works. Google DVHSCap and you should be able to find the proper download package from Apple. It's free."

"Apple has a utility on its developer's site entitled DVHSCap which allows capture of material from HDV devices (or even the DVHS deck) and also the ability to lay back to these devices. It is free. To use it to its best ability, combine that with another freeware application, MPEG Streamclip. Capture in DVHSCap, open the file in MPEG streamclip and convert to the codec of your choice. You can upconvert to a higher HD codec or downconvert to DV. I recommend letting the camera downconvert, however, since that is totally real time."

You have to join Apples developer group to download Xtools, DVHSCAP. Streamclip is available to all. Everything is free.
Excellent information on were to find and how to install and use these softwares are at this link: [karenoch.biblicalbear.com] the info is under "Sony and Apple" entry.

Mickie Shaw
Editor and Videographer
DIgital Mogul Media
digitalmogulmedia.com

Return to posts index

Tane McClure
Re: Want to capture HDV-SD60P frame rate, found a solution
on Apr 11, 2010 at 9:51:38 pm

Capture in HDV Apple ProRes 422 HQ.
Device Control: HDV Firewire.
It works great.

Tane McClure