FORUMS: list search recent posts

BR-50 audio problem

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DigitalMogul
BR-50 audio problem
on Nov 9, 2007 at 1:39:47 am

My BR-50 deck will add a digital sounding distortion to audio playback when playing a tape with an audio channel that was recorded hot. The distortion will be on both channels even if only one channel is hot, making both channels useless. The distortion is heard when capturing too, BUT, when I play the tape back through my JVC GYHD camera or capture the same tape using my camera the additional distortion is not heard or captured. This was the only way I was able to capture good audio tracks and try to salvage some of the hot channels in post. I have taken the deck in to JVC twice and they thought is was a bad firewire cable and second time they updated some firm wear. But the problem is back. Has anyone been having a similar probem?

Toss High and Stay in Step

Return to posts index

Justin Ferar
Re: BR-50 audio problem
on Nov 13, 2007 at 1:40:19 am

Pretty bizarre. Are you talking about analog audio out of the deck? The other solution is to try the HDMI out- this way you could see if it is indeed the firewire causing the sound. Of-course you would need an HDMI TV to test it.

My gut feeling tells me that it's not a firewire problem because when you digitize via firewire it's just transferring data from the tape. There's no major conversion going on.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]