FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD-100u Shallow depth of field ?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mcswain
HD-100u Shallow depth of field ?
on Sep 4, 2007 at 2:51:06 pm

Have an HD-100 with a .82x wide angle adapter. Anybody got any tricks to achieving a shallower depth of field other than opening up the iris. I know distance from subject and distance between subject and background make a big difference. Is there an ideal ratio between the two distances? Or some kind of lens adapter.?? For real close shots I've been able to barely adjust the lens into macro just a hair and get some results. Is the only other option to move to a 35mm lens adapter setup? If so, who makes them and how insanely expensive are they?

Thanks for any feedback

Michael

Return to posts index

morten Ranmar
Re: HD-100u Shallow depth of field ?
on Sep 4, 2007 at 7:18:01 pm

JVC HZ-CA13U PL

- No Parking Production -

Finalcut Studio, Dual G5, Kona 2, X-Raid

Return to posts index

Southeastvideo
on Sep 6, 2007 at 1:17:34 am

Depending on the Lenses you intend to use the RedRock is a great system. I've seen this spinning ground glass system with some Prime Nikons at amazing results....for the money it's about the same as the JVC HZ-CA13U PL...keep in mind you need lenses too. But pawn shops, ebay & ext. could result in some good finds.

RB

Southeastvideo

Return to posts index

morten Ranmar
on Sep 16, 2007 at 6:29:18 pm

Just tested the HZ-CA13U PL at IBC with an 8mm Arri prime lens. Virtually no light loss and no CA at all! Had it mounted next to a setup with the P&S mini35 which in comparison lost about 2 stops of light and had quite a lot of vignetting of the edges. I would prefere the HZ-CA13U PL anytime...

- No Parking Production -

Finalcut Studio, Dual G5, Kona 2, X-Raid

Return to posts index

Walter Graff
on Dec 15, 2007 at 7:43:13 pm

".for the money it's about the same as the JVC HZ-CA13U PL."

But nowhere near the final quality of a true lens adapter and quality lens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]