FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini DV Tapes

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
football frenzy
Mini DV Tapes
on Aug 30, 2007 at 3:59:36 pm

Just bought a HD110U....Was wondering what tapes you guys might recommend. I have a bunch of DVCAM tapes with only a couple of runs on them. I know this camera will not shoot in DVCAM but will it hurt the camera? Should I buy the expensive Sony HDV Mini DV HD 63 minute tapes or go with the cheaper sony tapes?

Return to posts index

EOR
Re: Mini DV Tapes
by
on Sep 5, 2007 at 12:53:26 am

I am using Sony DVC normal tapes with my JVC-HD110 ... just this kind of tape (some people recommends using only one brand...) and trying to use always new tapes ....

absolutely no problems, and almost zero dropped frames....

good luck

Return to posts index

sundolphin1
Re: Mini DV Tapes
on Nov 5, 2007 at 4:52:57 pm

We have been shooting with HD100UA's (HD100 with the "A" formware upgrade) for about a year and a half. JVC representatives told me this is the same as the HD110. We have been using the Panasonic Master Quality the entire time. The reason we chose this tape is because of the dry lubricant used. As far as I know, they are the only ones using a dry lubricant. We have experienced a few frame drops, etc., but that is over a couple hundred tapes. We have ecperienced no reason to change the tape we use.

The recommendation to stick to one tape brand is a good one. Each time a tape is used in your camrea, it leaves a small about of the lubricant on the head. The problem with mixing brands is that different makers use different lubricants. Many times, these lubricants do not mix well causing problems on the heads.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]