FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone else frustrated with JVC's Pro phone support service?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Meadows
Anyone else frustrated with JVC's Pro phone support service?
on Aug 28, 2007 at 12:45:34 pm

Our HD-100 is currently off to JVC Pro service for repair. On another forum I tried to attempt a lively discussion on the merrits of the JVC Pro phone support or lack thereof but the thread was closed because I pressed the issue. Yes I am stubborn, and perhaps my own worst enemy as was wisely pointed out yet I am curious about others experiences.

While it's important to take care of the immediate problem (in this case getting our camera repaired quickly) I think JVC Pro really needs to re-evaluate how customers can contact them directly via the net or telephone for the quickest service possible.

The problem I have with the JVC phone system is that it takes you through a seemingly endless array of sub-menus only to eventually ask you to enter your zip code whereby you are given another number to call. Once you call that number it is yet another maze of sub-menus...and in our case left on hold more than once. It is has been very aggravting.

Others suggested call your dealer first. That's fine but I ask, why go through another layer to get the quick response you need. In theory you should be able to go to the JVC Pro web site, click on a service or support link, get a JVC Pro phone number (not a generic or consumer one) and call that number and talk with a Pro service tech to quickly evaluate your problem.

Maybe I was the exception and just called them on a few bad days. Sorry if this comes across as a rant.

Return to posts index

Craig Meadows
Re: Anyone else frustrated with JVC's Pro phone support service?
on Aug 29, 2007 at 2:54:38 pm

Hmm...now that they have my HD100 they called and said it will take 2-3 weeks to get it looked at and repaired. Something about not that many Pro techs to go around, etc. Sure glad I kept my Sony Z1 as a back-up. More glad that I have a RED on reservation, it might just show up before my JVC makes it back. The JVC makes very nice video, too bad I for one am having such a hard time getting fast service for a JVC Pro product.

Return to posts index

jburford
on Aug 29, 2007 at 4:13:52 pm

2-3 Weeks turn around is very reasonable.......

Return to posts index

Craig Meadows
on Aug 30, 2007 at 5:47:59 pm

Perhaps 2-3 weeks is reasonable these days. I am an old-timer and back in the day of much more expensive betacam/dvcam cameras broadcast service was expected and usually was a 2-3 day turn-a-round assuming parts were available if needed. At the price-point of these cameras I guess JVC isn't too worried about getting people back to work quickly.

Return to posts index

Chris_tekmediagroup
on Aug 30, 2007 at 9:02:04 pm

Hey Just read your post, this is Chris with computerworks/ Tek media group in Burbank,Ca. We work on jvc cameras and decks and usually have a 1-3day turnaround time despit your distance... feel free to email me with your questions if you like:) chrisc@computerworkstech.com I wish you luck!

Chris Cottrell
computerworks/tekmedia group
800-255-5045 ext.115

Return to posts index

Chet Wesley
on Sep 18, 2007 at 2:06:51 pm

I think they took at least 4 weeks to return my camera when I sent it to be repaired. It came back UNREPAIRED, and past the factory warranty date. Luckily I bought an extended warranty.

Return to posts index

Chet Wesley
on Sep 18, 2007 at 2:03:15 pm

I remember spending an hour one day navigating phone menus just trying to talk to a real person. I gave up that day and had to try another day. I can't even remember now the steps I took through the phone labyrinth to actually finally talk to someone real.

Return to posts index

Craig Meadows
on Sep 19, 2007 at 9:23:25 pm

Got the camera back last week. The drum had to be replaced. Since it was only about 2 months out of warranty they gave me a break on parts. Repair bill was a little over $400. Have to say that isn't bad as it was in the days of betacam drum assemblies when prices were in the thousands of dollars.

I will emphasize however that this camera is always handled gently. We have only used one brand and type of tape since day 1 and I would say it has average hours on it for a 14 month old camera. I do not think drum assembly replacement would normally be required for a camera in this condition. So I question not only the long term life of this camera but its mid-life as well.

I am absolutely ready for a file based camera. We have a RED reserved and still might consider a HVX or XDCAM EX for our run-and-gun stuff. Let tape and it's associated service issues die please.

Return to posts index

Digitalmogul
on Nov 9, 2007 at 1:25:17 am

YES, a real headache. I finally got a live person and drove my deck down to have it looked at. JVC should improve this.

Toss High and Stay in Step

Return to posts index

Walter Graff
on Dec 15, 2007 at 10:32:41 pm

I'd say next time send it to Roger Macie. He'll fix it just as good, if not better and do it a lot faster.

Walter Graff
BlueSky Media, Inc.
walter@bluesky-web.com
http://www.bluesky-web.com
Offices in NYC and Amherst Mass.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]