FCP Device Control of JVC GY-HD250

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jo
FCP Device Control of JVC GY-HD250
by
on Aug 24, 2007 at 4:52:42 pm

Hi,
I have connected the HD SDI output of the camera (1080i50) to my decklink board and I have image and timecode on the capture window of Final Cut Pro.

But I am not able to have the Device Control from FCP, the best I can do until now it use the "DVCPRO HD FireWire 25fps" it shows VTR OK just for a few seconds, and during that time I am able to control the camera, after that few seconds it shows No Communication

If I switch the Easy Setup in FCP to 720p25 I am able to control the camera, but I am not able to digitize using my Blackmagic board.

Is there a way to control and digitize from the camera using the HD-SDI output and Firewire for Device Control?

I am trying to use this setup for several reasons:

1 - Final Cut when digitizing from JVC Decks or cameras in firewire doesn't capture the complete footage (make holes of 7 seconds in the beginning of each filmed clip, sometime in the midle)

2 - Final Cut doesn't have support for 720p50, so using the camera built in capability of converting to 1080i50. I will be able to edit this material in Final Cut.

Thanks,
Jo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]