FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC BR-HD50 keeps shutting down

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vjdiangelo
JVC BR-HD50 keeps shutting down
on Aug 3, 2007 at 4:52:16 pm

I am trying to capture footage that was shot on the GY-HD100 camera using Sony HDV tapes. I am using the component output from the deck to my Kona LH card, with RS-422 control and analog audio. My FCP is version 5.1.4.

My problem is that the deck keeps stopping and resetting itself at random points during the load. I am trying to capture the entire tape so every time it stops I have to start over again. It has done this now 3 times and each time was at a different point in the tape and each had slightly different consequences.

At first I was using the "AJA Kona LH: 720p 59.94 8 Bit" setting in FCP and the deck indicator was showing 60. After capturing aproximately 6 minutes of footage, the deck randomly reset to 50 while playing. I had to get into the menu settings to reset it to 60 even after powering down and reloading the tape.

The second time I was using all the same settings and the deck switched to 50 after capturing almost 9 minutes, then completely powered down on it's own. The power button was inactive after this incident. After resetting the power, the deck came back online set at 60, but the video output was now 1080i.

I reset FCP to use the 1080i because ultimately that is my preference for delivery, and yet again I had the same problem after about 4 minutes of playback. I gave up after this so I don't know what the deck did this time.

Through all of this I have not received any error messages from the deck. This is a rental deck, so I am completely unfamiliar with it's operation or with the history of it.

Can anyone help?

VIc DiAngelo

Vic DiAngelo
Glazen Creative Studios
Cleveland, Ohio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]