FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropouts on HD250 and 200

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
19.392 mbps
Dropouts on HD250 and 200
on Aug 2, 2007 at 9:23:30 pm

Has anyone with a JVC GY-HD250 or 200 experienced issues with frequent tape dropouts? I have a few of these cameras on my production and keep having issues with dropouts on the tapes. The firewire stream to my Firestore is clean, but the physical tape has regular dropouts and errors.
Also, the cameras require backfocusing more regularly than I am typically used to. I have to adjust the backfocus after the camera has warmed up a bit. Anyone else have either of these issues?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

hunter
Re: Dropouts on HD250 and 200
on Aug 3, 2007 at 7:41:42 am

Had the same problem on HD110, tapes riddled with dropouts (that weren't actually dropouts), turned out to be a bad mainboard which JVC had to replace. Solution for me since I didn't use a firestore, was to clone the tapes from camera to BR50 deck which re-recorded them fairly clean.

Return to posts index

Justin Ferar
on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:05:22 pm

We have two of them (HD200's) and definitely see some dropouts here and there. But I have to say that they are not recorded on tape. They occur when we go to digitize with the BR-HD50. I go back to check the tape and the dropouts are not there. The deck is fickle.

Just to reiterate- the cameras have been solid using only JVC pro HDV tape.

Return to posts index

Justin Ferar
on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:10:43 pm

Also the backfocus is very sensitive! I calibrate before every shoot. Apparently the Fuji 17x is better in that it's parts are more robust.

I also know for a fact that one must calibrate the Sony F900's all the time due to temp changes as well so I'm not complaining. Still beats a fixed pseudo lens.

Best.

Return to posts index

Craig Meadows
on Aug 28, 2007 at 12:20:35 pm

We are having a serious problem with this on our HD100. Just sent it off yesterday to JVC Pro service in GA. Unfortunately it is out of warranty. We have only ever used one tape brand/type and head cleaning tapes do not fix the problem. I thought perhaps these cameras were just really prone to clogged heads, the mainboard issue mentioned has me worried. It doesn't show on playback on the camera but does on two different HD50 decks. This is not the first time I've heard of this problem. Top it off with a truly horrible customer service phone system at JVC and it makes me really question my investment in JVC Pro gear. Don't get me wrong, the cameras make stunning pictures, it's just that we'eve had to return more JVC gear for repairs and replacements then we ever have with any other brand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]