FORUMS: list search recent posts

How I can fix death pixel in JVC GY-100 HD

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Chicago
How I can fix death pixel in JVC GY-100 HD
on Jul 21, 2007 at 4:21:34 am

HI
I heard that I can fix it My self, please let Me known how.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
Re: How I can fix death pixel in JVC GY-100 HD
on Jul 24, 2007 at 2:15:26 am

In 24P mode, hold down menu, User 3, and focus assist buttons at the same time for a few moments. A service menu pops up and there a menu item called "pixel comp". Hit "execute" and the camera will do the rest. You may need to do it a couple of times consecutively to fix the the problem. I did this myself a week ago and it worked like a charm.

Brian Mills
Videographer

Return to posts index

thrillbot
on Aug 5, 2007 at 2:22:32 am

Hey Does this procedure work for the GY-110 also? I just got back from a shoot and noticed three dead pixels... out of nowhere.

Return to posts index

JonnyB
on Aug 23, 2007 at 4:26:17 pm

I'm a late comer to this subject, I had no idea that there even was hidden menus in JVC cameras. I only stumbled on this subject when I was researching repair. I have a 2003 JVC GY-DV5000. I have had a dead pixel since 2004. Does anyone know if there is a hidden fix for this on this camera? Any help is very appreciated. Thanks, Jon

Return to posts index

thrillbot
on Aug 23, 2007 at 10:14:25 pm

Hey Brian,

I've been able to find the hidden menu and I see the "pixel compen" option but the camera won't let me choose it. It scrolls past it. Any thoughts????????????????

Return to posts index

Mick Ruane
on May 1, 2008 at 10:33:44 am

I have tried to fix a dead pixels on my camera JVC hd101 but when I press menu, user 3 and focus assist at the same time the normal menu comes up.

I cannot get into the menu to fix the pixel, Any ideas? I have set the camera to DV-25P

Thanks in advance

Mick Ruane
Bog Dog Film & Video Productions

Return to posts index

Dave Sullivan
on May 1, 2008 at 12:21:52 pm

Hello Mick,

If you could email me at: goodrobot@btinternet.com, I will e-mail you a .pdf that will give you full instructions on how to use the pixel blanking proceedure/feature.

All the best

Dave

Creative Cow leader/JVC camera & deck forum host

Return to posts index

Raul Cuesta
on Oct 9, 2010 at 4:51:56 pm

Dave, I have tried the focus assist + menu option on 24p mode (HDV-24P mode actually) but i never get to the safe menu, what it´s wrong?

Return to posts index

mike simpson
on May 1, 2008 at 7:01:53 pm

try this is you haven't got that pdf yet...

let the camera warm up for an hour or so (apparently this is best.)

put the camera in 24p mode

hold down the status and focus assist buttons for 6 seconds.

select camera 1

now select picture comp.

hope it helps.

mike

Return to posts index

Manny du Mont
on Mar 19, 2011 at 8:44:34 pm

I noticed you mentioned about getting a pdf on fixing the dead pixels on my JVC GY-HM100U. Would you please send it to my email address. Thank you...

Manny du Mont
http://www.dumontcom.com

Return to posts index

mike simpson
on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:58:35 pm

I'm afraid that the only pdf I have ever seen was for the GY-HD series not the HM.
I could dig that out if you think it would help but i doubt it'll be the same.
Mike

Return to posts index

Manny du Mont
Re: How I can fix death pixel in JVC GY-HM100U
on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:34:29 am

Do you or does anyone else have advice on how to fix the dead pixels on the GY-HM100U?

Manny du Mont

Return to posts index

Manny du Mont
Re: How I can fix death pixel in JVC GY-HM 100U
on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:17:07 am

I guess there is a different way of fixing the dead pixels on the JVC GY-HM100U. Does anyone know what the steps are to fixing the dead pixels on this camera.

Manny du Mont

Return to posts index

Manny du Mont
on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:22:01 am

I saw the info on fixing the dead pixels on the GY-100 HD, I have a GY-HM100U, does anyone have the steps to fixing the dead pixels on this camera?

Manny du Mont

Return to posts index

Tommy Ballard
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:36:54 am

I have a JVC HM100u. I just started having two dead pixels show up when the camera gets really warm. Sadly, there is not a pixel compensation for the GY HM100u. I emailed the JVC tech support. Here's the response:

"the diagnostic fee is 50 dollars and the hourly rate is 120 dollars plus parts"

Yikes! Pretty pricey. BUT, this plug-in for FCP is amazing. It's $59, but SO worth it.

http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/dh_reincarnation

Trust me....best 59 bucks I've spent (For now, until I can afford to send my camera out).

Return to posts index

carlos castro
on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:50:21 pm

My problem it´s a lot bigger, half of the screen looks grainy and the other half looks ok, do you know the problem, can you help me, I´m really worried.

thanks

Return to posts index

gpsmike
on Jul 24, 2007 at 1:39:39 pm

just out of interest is this a dead pixel in the chip or just the screen?

we have an GY-HD251 with a pixel out on the screen and would like to get it sorted.

thanks in advnace for any pointers.

mike

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
on Jul 25, 2007 at 12:22:01 am

The proceedure I described is for the camera chips, NOT the LCD screen. I noticed the dead pixels upon connecting to a 46" LCD screen. I did the proceedure as mentioned (twice) and it worked like a charm.

Brian Mills
Videographer

Return to posts index

gpsmike
on Jul 25, 2007 at 8:37:21 am

thanks for that...

definitely good to know that this process exists in case we coe upon it.
don't suppose there's a way to try and fix the pixel on the LCD....that is, apart from the often used massaging - which hasn't worked in this case?

mike

Return to posts index

Matt Norton
on Sep 12, 2007 at 4:50:19 pm

I have had pixle problems with the whole line in low light at slower shutter speeds. From the JY-HD10 to the HD100, HD110, and the new HD250. If you crank the aperture up to 1/500th the stuck pixles work fine. But once you turn it back down the pixles are stuck shining white again. (Read my post over in the HDV forum.) These were all praticaly new cameras too. I would sure like to get my JY-HD10 to work without stuck pixles. sometimes rebotting works but most of the time for indoor shots I just have to live with it.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 3, 2007 at 7:53:11 pm

Pixels are not actually "fixed" with these procedures you know: the dead camera sensor pixel just has image data from an adjacent good pixel mapped over it. This takes memory and once you have too many dead pixels for the limited memory onboard the CCD to store coordinates on, the new dead pixels remain visible. On the plus side: If you edit on a mac, there is a cheap plug-in fix in post downloadable from the fine Brits at Digitalheaven.

Return to posts index

Dan LaCloche
on Apr 12, 2011 at 12:47:40 am

What's the plug-in from Digital Heaven called? Also, is there pixel compensation for the JVC GY-HM100U?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremiah Adams
on Jul 13, 2011 at 3:43:46 pm

I have the digital heaven plug-in works pretty good for the price, its comparable to CHV but 40 bucks cheaper. I was able to do the pixel compensation with the jvc-gyhd250u WORKED wonderful, wish i had discovered this before the shoot and i had to purchase digital heaven plugin but all in all not a bad plugin. My recommendation is to figure out how to pixel compensation performed on the camera much better than the plugin but either is far cheaper than replacing the ccd chip

p.s. plug-in name is re-incarnation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]