FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Component out?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Videomac
HD Component out?
on Jul 17, 2007 at 9:04:02 pm

I just ordered a Multibridge Pro from Blackmagic and a GY-HD200U, reading the pdf for the card it says that it has HD component in and out, is that feasable? can I output the video via component out and get a 720 or 1080 into FCP from HD component?
If it is posible will it be HD or HDV? just wondering.

Also is anyone using the HZ-13CA... the 1/3 to PL film lens adapter from JVC.

Return to posts index

George
Re: HD Component out?
on Jul 17, 2007 at 10:07:13 pm

720p yes. 1080i I haven't tried.

Recorded footage played back from the internal HDV tape will be HD from the component ports but it will be "reconstituted from concentrate", as they say on the orange juice cans. Any artifacts created in the original compression will be embedded in the HD stream.

Live video from camera to a capture card, without recording to the internal HDV tape, will be compression free.

George
Light Images

Return to posts index

Justin Ferar
Re: HD Component out?
on Jul 18, 2007 at 6:59:13 am

Are you wanting to use component because you want to capture live? If yes then it's a great solution- and you can capture 1080i or 720p with the Multi Bridge.

If your using component for tape ingest then it certainly will not be as clean as a firewire transfer.

Havent got my hands on the HZ-13CA yet but I'll be sure to pick one up as soon as I win the lottery. Actually as soon as I get some downtime I'll rent one with some nice lenses and see what the 200 is really capable of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]