FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to connect my JVC GY-HD110U to FCP with no luck...please help!

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Atari Norris
Trying to connect my JVC GY-HD110U to FCP with no luck...please help!
on Jul 1, 2007 at 8:07:49 pm

I have a JVD GY-HD110U that I shot all of my footage on (in HD 24p) for my current project. I have it connected via Firewire to my Mac Book Pro, on which I'm running a recently updated version of FCp 5.1.4. I can't get the logging capture window to locate my capture device (camera). I would like to know if this has something to do with my capture input settings. I don't know what to set my capture inset settings as, but I don't think that's the problem. It wouldn't connect before, and I was told I had to upgrade from FCP 5.1 to FCP 5.1.4, which I did. I don't know what to do. Any help is really appreciated. Thank you

Return to posts index

artisanaltelevision
Re: Trying to connect my JVC GY-HD110U to FCP with no luck...please help!
on Jul 6, 2007 at 7:56:57 pm

When you say you used HD 24p, I assume you mean HDV 24p. JVC's HDV codec is a 720x1280 frame size, 24 frame per second progressive codec. It's totally different from HDV on a Sony camera, for example.

However, this is why you have FCP -- because it knows this.

In FCP go to the easy setup menu and click on "Custom." Scroll down to find "HDV 720p24". This is the JVC codec that you had to upgrade your FCP to get. Once that's active, when you open log and capture it should see the camera.

If you don't see HDV 720p24, then perhaps you don't have the latest version of Final Cut after all. I have 5.1.4 and it's in mine...

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]