FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shopping for a new JVC

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FunkyBeccaBecca
Shopping for a new JVC
on Jun 24, 2007 at 1:41:29 am

I'm a college student hoping to pursue a career in digital video, and I'm getting ready to purchase my first camera. My budget is around $400 and I'm looking for a cam that will really hold up physically, deliver good to impressive quality (for demo reels), something small and portable, and is easy to sync with FCP. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, as I'm sort of all over the place in my search.

Thanks so much
-Becca

Return to posts index

Ultimate Bart
Re: Shopping for a new JVC
on Jul 13, 2007 at 1:56:38 pm

heey

take the everioG series. the 2megapixels version with 30GB hardrive cost more than 400 dollars. but the lower models (the 800.000 pixels and the 1.01 megapixels with 20GB hardrive) are not that good

I have a JVC - GZ-MG77 (release midd 2006, newer models have only a internal sliding lens cover, nothing hard/software).

it's a 2.2megapixel, 30GB hardrive with 16:9 widescreen and makes perfect shots, very nice. well worth it.

30GB hardrive is also fine, very fast and silent. and it's a small, but steady camera.(it's not that lightweighted)
you can transfer the files very fast to your pc and they are MPEG2 files, (MOD = MPEG)
you can set some things manual what is also fine (like white balance and focus and more things)

mine is almost the same as this model that is released this year:
http://camcorder.jvc.com/gseries/255.asp

good luck

Bart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]