FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing white "hot" pixels in my JVC DV 5000

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glomaster
Fixing white "hot" pixels in my JVC DV 5000
on Jun 22, 2007 at 4:09:19 am

I've seen lots of suggestions for using software to take care of "hot pixels' which show up as white particularly against black backgrounds. And I have noticed tips for correcting the problem in other cameras and brands (i.e. accessing pixel correction circuits). But would someone please tell me the secret of how to elliminate or "turn off" white hot "dead" pixels in my JVC DV 5000 !? I believe the feature I need to access may be called Pixel Mask Adjustment. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Borjis
Re: Fixing white "hot" pixels in my JVC DV 5000
on Jun 22, 2007 at 5:23:39 pm

I found recently that not all of the JVC cameras do this.

Is the DV 5000 a 1/2" ccd cam?

If so, it definitely does not have that feature.

Return to posts index

Glomaster
on Jun 25, 2007 at 9:57:34 pm

Thanks to a guy at the service department of a JVC authorized dealer, I found the solution to fixing the white pixels. Anyone who owns a DV 5000 and wants to turn off white pixels will need help navigating hidden service menus, found only in the service manual, which you may already have discovered, are not found in the owner's manual. So, if you have this problem, try talking to a JVC service department, or I could try walking you through the process.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Mar 20, 2009 at 3:38:27 pm

Is this the same procedure used for the DV-550? If so, could you advise me of the procedure? Thanks

Andrew

Return to posts index

Chris Nierop
on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:46:29 pm

I have the same problem with my GY DV 5100 camcorder.
Maybe anyone can help us through the procedure to eliminate pixels on these cameras.
It was done once by my service department on my DV 5000 camera, but I like to do this myself for the DV 5100, if possible. I presume the procedure is the same as for the 5000 (it is almost the same camera) but I didn't get the procedure for it.

Return to posts index

Jon Holiday
on May 11, 2011 at 6:15:45 pm

Hi, as you mentioned, I'm looking for same help re dead pixels. I had seen the combination of menu buttons once before, but can't find it now. Email me off-board if you like jholiday at sbcglobal dot net

http://www.imageonemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]