FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HD 100's falling appart

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Johnson
JVC GY-HD 100's falling appart
on Jun 20, 2007 at 3:25:49 am

I have 2 GY-HD 100's that are falling apart that I cant get in for service because im too busy. 1. the auto focus stripped out on the 3rd job it was on.1. has a broken sensor that tells the camera when the viewfinder door is closed so its in "flip out" moed all the time. and the third problem is I have at least 2 maybe more dead pixels in the camera. Does anyone know what kind of turn around time JVC has? I am in the middle of my wedding season amd the dredded 7/7/07 is coming up in a few weeks and I need to be at capacity for it. Love the cameras (when they work)

Randy

Return to posts index

BRIAN REDMOND
Re: JVC GY-HD 100's falling appart
on Jun 21, 2007 at 3:28:16 pm

Hello, My 101 had 2 dead pixels after its first job. I sent it back to WTS in the UK and they could sort it in their workshop. They ran a pixel compensator programme and had it back to me 3 days later. ( I live in Carlow Eire). 5 weddings later and no problems.

Return to posts index

Borjis
on Jun 22, 2007 at 5:24:39 pm

[BRIAN REDMOND] "They ran a pixel compensator programme and had it back to me 3 days later."

you can actually do this yourself in 5 minutes.

Return to posts index

P. J. in Hollywood
on Nov 11, 2007 at 5:49:02 am

We have three HD-100s and and HD-250. For those of us who don't know, can you tell us what a pixel compensator program is, how it works and where we can get one, in the event of a dead pixel? (If I understand you correctly.)

Return to posts index

hugh hartford
on Jun 16, 2008 at 11:22:30 am

Hi Brian, could you tell us how?

Return to posts index

johnny clark
on Jun 16, 2008 at 1:53:37 pm

CCD cameras can develop CCD blemishes where a pixel or two can appear white in the image. These may be caused by atmospheric radiation and also by manufacturing impurities that begin to show after years of use.

This is so common on CCD cameras by all manufacturers that we all build into our pro cameras the ability to detect and correct these blemishes.

On the GY-HV100U camera this process is provided in an advanced Menu accessed while in 24p mode by holding the Focus Assist button (the one on the camera body) when you press and hold the Menu/Status button for at least 5 seconds. You must be in 24p mode for this operation.

You see an advanced menu where the second line says CAMERA1. Move the cursor down and push the shutter wheel to enter that menu and now you have a list with the sixth item being PIXEL COMPEN. Move down to it and select that item, the word CANCEL blinks. Change it to EXECUTE and push again. It takes about 10 seconds or so to perform the operation and then tells you to power off the camera. You are done. Make sure Focus Assist is now OFF and exit 24p mode if desired.

However there are a few things for you to note about this process:
1. The process only conceals blemishes that show at 0db of gain. Blemishes that only show at 3dB, 6dB, 9dB or 18dB will not be corrected. Also there is a threshold that the blemish must be above to be detected. Over time those blemishes may become greater and then show at 0db and then will conceal.
2. Because of a good reason that would take too long to explain, the process can “miss” a blemish. It is absolutely likely that you might have to run the procedure a few times to find the blemish and conceal it.
3. Warming the camera makes the blemishes brighter and easier to correct. Some people wrap the camera in a blanket or coat to help warm it up. We DO NOT recommend warming your GY-HD100U in a microwave oven.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]