FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anybody knows European JVC contact?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Timar
Anybody knows European JVC contact?
on Jun 4, 2007 at 5:32:45 pm

Hello All,

If I had enough backing, I would pursue with legal action against JVC. That's how mad I am at them. It's insane.

We have 2 nearly new (fresh from the store 6 months ago) JVC GY-HD201E cameras, and ever since we got them, we had nothing but problems with them. It started with one of them. Massive drop frames, not recording anything on parts of brand new JVC HDV tapes, recording fragmented video, time code not being exported via Firewire, body heats up within minutes, and the list goes on.

Here is the kicker. Official JVC Dealership can't help. It took them 8 business days to get an answer back from JVC, as to whether a firmware upgrade is available for our cameras. Obviously there isn't one, and they cannot say when there will be one.

I contacted JVC in the US, but they told me to take the cameras to the dealership.

The cameras have been used indoors, under normal conditions, with their heads being cleaned properly. Funny thing is this: one of the cameras has an older firmware than the other, yet they cannot even do an upgrade to bring the oldest firmware at least up to the version of the other 'old' firmware in the second camera.

The fact that you give a company 20 thousand dollars and you get this kind of a 'professional' equipment, with this kind of support is simply nonsense. And with the news that JVC is getting sold, I am more than worried about our investment.

Any help or direct contact to JVC in Europe, or anybody in charge of firmware updates over at JVC would be more than helpful.

Thanks
David T.

Return to posts index

Ultimate Bart
Re: Anybody knows European JVC contact?
on Jun 8, 2007 at 7:25:48 am

heey

i think you allready know this, but just in case:

http://www.jvcproeurope.com/
than go to contact, this is for the pro stuff

http://www.jvc-europe.com/
this is the normal site. choose your country and go to contact/about

there is indeed a problem between JVC europe and US. here in europe there are almost no accesoires for camera's (and if there are, they are very expensive) and JVC US won't ship it to Europe. communication is also a problem I heart.
I've ask for this stuff to the JVC guys in The Netherlands about the prize differences etc, but they couln't give a explanation.
but anyway

I don't know were you buyed your camera, mayby the guy's from that store know more info.

Good luck

Bart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]