FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HD110U to FCP 5.1

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Atari Norris
JVC GY-HD110U to FCP 5.1
on May 13, 2007 at 5:09:51 pm

Hi, I have the new JVC GY-HD110U and I'm trying to use firewire outport on it to digitize footage from the camera on FCP 5.1. I can't get the computer to read the camera. Please help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ken Freed JVC
Re: JVC GY-HD110U to FCP 5.1
on May 17, 2007 at 11:14:57 am

Atari, My recollection is 5.1.4 is where the FCP started. I do know that 5.1.4 works. However a problem did occur while fixing a different problem and that problem is that sometimes the capture routine creates extra clips, mostly at clip boundaries.

This has been fixed in the BR-HD50 deck and now the 200 series camerasa and should be fixed soon for the 100 series camera. It is a downloadable software update for the camera when available.

You asked about quality with the 100 series. The best quality is a very high data rate digitize from live camera HD analog output. Of course I realize this isn't why we use camcorders.

The best recording is the MPEG2TS 1280x720p30 to the optional hard drive. Next best is that ecording to tape.

But 1280x720p30 is what the camera does best. There is a motion smoothing if you wish the 30p to look more smooth like an interlaced camera. That is done during the record process so you don't see a motion smoothing in the viewfinder or monitor, only on playback.

Smoothest video look would be analog play back from a tape recorded using motion smoothing. If such was transcoded to 1080i it would have 60 smoothed frames to work with so would be rahter good for video.

FCP doe take the 24p which as you know is actual 24p. Since the recording process is capable of recording 30frames worth of data every second, if we only have 24 frames to record we compress less. So one might consider that the 24p would be the highest quality recording but then you have the motion cadence of 24 which may or may not be what you want.

Ken Freed JVC
1700 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(800) 526-5308 x5419
kfreed@jvc.com

Return to posts index

paul31003
on Jul 6, 2007 at 7:00:24 am

Hey there Ken. . . .

I apologize but could you elaborate on the first two options: (1) high data rate digitize from live camera HD analog output, and (2) optional hard drive. What do these entail? What is the exact process? If it helps just consider me a complete novice on the subject. I appreciate your time and response. . . .

Eddie

Return to posts index

paul31003
on Jul 6, 2007 at 7:01:25 am

Also, does this apply to the HD100U model?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]