FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with deck controller and deck recording

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beckytv
Problem with deck controller and deck recording
on May 1, 2007 at 4:02:27 pm

I have a RM-G820U controller that I am trying to use it with a BR-DV3000U and a BR-HD50 deck. I have the HD50 set up as the record deck since the manual for the 3000 says not to use it as a record deck....the controller acts like it will edit, I can set the in and out points, tell it to edit and it prerolls and then the deck never goes into record. Both decks will record when they are in local mode. Is there a setting I am missing?

Return to posts index

Ken Freed JVC
Re: Problem with deck controller and deck recording
on May 3, 2007 at 1:11:33 am

Sorry for any confusion. The BR-HD50U is not an edit deck. That is why there are no linear edit instructions in the BR-HD50 instruction book. The deck is designed as a feeder and recorder for NLE systems just as the BR-DV3000U was. Its RS422 is the same as the BR-DV3000u where it can only be a source deck, not a record deck.

The edit deck was the BR-DV6000U which has been discontinued since not many people bought it.

While I agree with you that linear editing of DV is a reasonable way to "bolt together" DV video content, the world market did not agree with you and I. I know of no way to linearly edit the 10micron DV often called miniDV.

Ken Freed JVC
1700 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(800) 526-5308 x5419
kfreed@jvc.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]