FORUMS: list search recent posts

SR-DVM600 or 700 Comments?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cboyes
SR-DVM600 or 700 Comments?
on Apr 30, 2007 at 3:31:42 pm

Hi Guys...

I'm looking at the JVC SR-DVM600 or 700 3-in-1 DV Deck/DVD/HDD devices. Can't find a review of them anywhere. Anyone have/seen them and have any compliments or criticisms?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Boyes
Washtenaw Community College
Ann Arbor, MI

Return to posts index

Bruce Lippy
Re: SR-DVM600 or 700 Comments?
on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:37:36 am

Sure am late to get to this, but maybe someone else will be warned. Our organization bought one and then I did personally for my private production work. Neither one operates. The organization trashed theirs. I kept mine with the hope that some day I'll get an answer.

The company's unit worked for a week or so and then stopped. Mine: the DVD drive never accepts ANYTHING I put in it, audio, video, recorded or blank. The HD has recorded a few times, but can't be depended upon. The MiniDV deck is the only thing that I can use. It allows me to capture to FCP on IMac just fine.

The book is poorly written. The book was a budget job by JVC. My GY-DV500 had a pretty good book, but this is too bare. The icons on the screen are too few pixels and not clear. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't. I've had about 5 JVC items over the years, consumer and pro, but this is a rip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]