FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC HD100 zoom in out of focus

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ilegal31
JVC HD100 zoom in out of focus
on Mar 22, 2007 at 3:38:21 pm

Hello people,

This morning I had encounter a new problem with my JVC HD100, when I zoom in the image get blurred and out of focus (I have the settings to auto focus) I can not find the reason why this problem occurs when I zoom in. Any advise?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Justin Ferar
Re: JVC HD100 zoom in out of focus
on Mar 23, 2007 at 3:24:26 am

Now that you've gone out and bought a pro camera it's time to learn about pro lenses.

First- there is no auto focus on professional manual lenses like yours. This is a goodn thing! A very good thing as you will discover once you get used to it.

Second- your camera's "back focus" or "flange back" needs to be adjusted which is a fairly simple process. You should get in the habit of making the adjustment before every shoot. As it will come out of alignment as it's moved from different temperature zones.

Hook the camera up to a monitor (HD if you have one).

Zoom in on an object at least 3 meters away. Focus nice & sharp.

Zoom out all the way and loosen the little nut on the lens that is closest to the camera body. This is your flange back ring. Adjust the ring until the image is sharp. Tighten the nut so it's firm. Zoom back in the object and if it's sharp then you are done. If it's not sharp then repeat the process until you get it right.

Don't try to do this with the viewfinder- you kick yourself later.

I find that the easiest way to make the adjustment is at night. Use someones porchlight or a streetlamp as your focus object. Easy Peasy.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
ilegal31
on Mar 23, 2007 at 4:10:43 pm

Hello!

Wow, thanks a lot for your time... I appreciate that information.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

EOR
by
on Apr 13, 2007 at 1:15:14 am

...be careful if you shoot HD ... focus seems to be more critical than in DV ... I made some "out of focus" shoots relying only on what I see on my viewfinder and discover later that something was wrong with my adjustment ....

by the way, I know of some companies that offers HD lenses (not for this camera) WITH autofocus...I think it would be a nice option to have it (and if you want to be PRO, just donĀ“t use it...)

Regards

EOR

Return to posts index

Kerry Brown
on Apr 29, 2007 at 3:51:37 am

When making a back focus adjustment ALWAYS open the lens iris wide open. Use nd filter to
get a lower light level for proper exposure. (makes focusing more critical which is what you want)

KB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]