FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syntheyes lens distortion to 3d max Vray camera

COW Forums : Syntheyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Jackson
Syntheyes lens distortion to 3d max Vray camera
on Sep 5, 2014 at 8:33:49 pm

I have some wide angle footage with barrel distortion that I need to track and deliver a 3D max file which the client can render from. The client prefers not to distort the 3D in post (so no pixel bender in AE) they just want the rendered 3D to line up straight away in their comp on the original footage.

With Syntheyes 2011 is there a way to get the lens distortion value, that syntheyes calculates during the solve, into a Vray camera in 3d Max?

So far I’ve tried the following 2 approaches without success:

1) By eye balling the Vray distortion value (both quadratic and cubic types) and rendering to check, I can’t get 3D objects near the edge of the frame to line up at the same time as those near the centre of frame. It’s either one or the other.

2) I used the Vray lens analysis tool to create the Vray lens calibration grid and put this into Syntheyes. I then applied the calculated distortion in the image preparation setup area which applies barrel distortion to the grid (note I did not use the Lens workflow as this adds padding around the image). Next in Syntheyes, I rendered out the sequence with distortion just to get the distorted grid as an image file and put it back into the Vray lens analysis tool, which analysed it and gave me a . vrlens file to load into my Vray camera. Unfortunately, as in (1) above, when I render things still don’t line up.

Should one of these methods be working or am I making a mistake somewhere?

Thanks
G.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]