FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Video

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zach haller
Green Video
on Aug 6, 2014 at 5:10:04 pm

Hi there, hoping someone may have experienced this before. I am transcoding an AVC/Mp42 file to ProRes and getting only green video. Result is the same in source window when importing the original file into PP. The quicktime file plays fine otherwise. File info is below, thanks for any suggestion.

-Zach

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Green Video
on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:39:02 pm

So Quicktime file plays fine within Quicktime, once imported to PPro or Media Encoder it displays as green video?

Have you tried using other programs to convert to ProRes - Quicktime 7, MPEG StreamClip, etc. Do those applications work?

What version of Adobe are you running? System specs? Does this happen with other videos or other files from the same shoot? What camera did you shoot these on? Did you maintain the card structure at all (not typically needed for Adobe to read the file correctly)?

Just trying to get more info so we can see if we can get to the bottom of this....

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

zach haller
on Aug 7, 2014 at 5:56:46 pm
Last Edited By zach haller on Aug 12, 2014 at 4:18:02 pm

Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply. Yep it plays fine on a SSD Macbook using CS5.5. I am converting files for a festival so I don't have any camera/card metadata info other than the above from Mediainfo. This is the only file having the green issue and Streamclip "can't prepare the movie" on export... In fact Steamclip gives the same error message for a few files that are fine otherwise when converted in AME. I have experienced blue video before and the crop feature in the export settings solved it. The video in the source window is green so it's before export. No luck after Quicktime export.

Many thanks,

-Zach

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Aug 7, 2014 at 6:12:15 pm

Sounds like you may have a corrupt clip on your hands. If Quicktime 7 can open it can it export it?

You may also try VLC...sometimes that software can help out where others have failed.

One more idea, download the Creative Cloud trial and see if CC2014 can read/convert it. After these options though it may just be a bad clip!

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

zach haller
on Aug 7, 2014 at 6:29:16 pm

The Quicktime export gives the same result after import to AME. I will try VLC or CC and possibly contact the filmmaker for a re-export. Worse case is screen it from a Macbook which is not preferred.

Thanks again,
-Zach

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]