FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with "Wraptor DCP for AME"

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jürgen Hackl
Problems with "Wraptor DCP for AME"
on Jul 24, 2014 at 9:41:45 pm

Hi,

this week I made a DCP for screening in a cinema and used the Wraptor DCP plugin for this job (Premiere CC 2014 timeline -> Adobe Media Encoder) As I have no possibility to check DCPs on my machine I finally saw the result on the cinema screen which was terrible. The colors looked somehow right but there were terrible "banding artefacts" in the dark areas of the picture.

Back at the studio I did some tests with different tools for creating DCPs: "Wraptor DCP for AME", "easyDCP" (Demo) and "openDCP". First of all I exported a little sequence out of DaVinci (TIF-RGB-16bit, unscaled full range) and made DCPs with Wrapor and openDCP. Directly from DaVinci I exportd one with the easyDCP plugin. For monitoring I used the "easyDCP Player" (Demo) with the XYZ->RGB (P3) transformation on ...

Anyway ... the result was, that I got 3 completely different looking images. That the colors are not the same is the one thing, but look at the artefacts in the Wraptor output. I have no idea how that is gonna happen. It appears also with the color transfomation turned off.

I uploaded a comparison screenshot here: http://www.juergenhackl.at/download/cow/dcptest.jpg

Jxrgen

Return to posts index

Jürgen Hackl
Re: Problems with "Wraptor DCP for AME"
on Jul 25, 2014 at 10:33:41 am

OK, today's released update to 2014.0.1 solved the issue with the artefacts.

The color differences are still a question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]