I have FCP 7.0.3 and Media Encoder 22.214.171.124 and they disagree on field dominance on the same clip. I'm baffled. Here's what I did:
1. Convert MXF files to ProRes via ME. SD clips were output as 29.97 LOWER field dominance. HD clips were output as 29.97 Progressive. (For different projects/not mixing interlaced and progressive in edit)
2. Imported footage into FCP. However, FCP read the SD clips with Field Dominance NONE and HD clips with field dominance UPPER/ODD. When the ProRes clips were dragged into Compressor, they read the same
3. When same clips are dragged back into ME or Premier, the read as the original output (SD lower/HD progressive)
So basically, FCP and Compressor disagree on field dominance on the same exact clip.
1. How can I tell which is reading the field dominance right?
2. More importantly, is this a ME or FCP error?
3. How do I correct the issue?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your help!