FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy Settings

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Morgan
Copy Settings
on Jun 24, 2014 at 7:18:01 pm

Is there a way to copy settings from one clip to another? Like in Compressor, you could highlight a clip's output settings, hit command+C and then command+v it on the new clips and it would not only copy the output settings, but set the path as well AND ammend the file with the name of the preset.

Right now say I have five clips that need to be exported. I have to go in to each clip individually and set the parameters. Then I need to go to Finder and set the path (after it pushes me back to the root folder EVERY TIME). I know I could create a preset, but the problem is it changes for every output scenario, especially the path. I'll have pages of presets before I know it. It would be really convenient if I could just copy and paste.

Am I missing something? I'm using CS6. Thanks!

Jared

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Copy Settings
on Jun 24, 2014 at 8:46:47 pm

[Jared Morgan] "Am I missing something?"

Unfortunately, no....you're not missing anything. Those are 2 drawbacks of AME: no copy/paste, and manually redirect the path. I would recommend creating Presets as they are the fastest way to work in AME. The path has to be manually changed though even on a preset, as far as I can tell (I'm happy to be corrected here though!).

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jared Morgan
on Aug 5, 2014 at 7:29:18 pm

Man that stinks! Thanks for the reply Ryan. Don't you wish you could Mr. Potato Head every program you've ever worked on and combine all the best features? I feel like every new program that's introduced is one step forward, two steps back.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Aug 5, 2014 at 9:59:09 pm

[Jared Morgan] "Don't you wish you could Mr. Potato Head every program you've ever worked on and combine all the best features?"

Sometimes I honestly do, Jared. Unfortunately, I just live in the world...I don't make the rules for it!

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]