FORUMS: list search recent posts

Contrast Difference Between Encoder Render and AE Render

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Tak
Contrast Difference Between Encoder Render and AE Render
on Jun 11, 2014 at 12:57:47 am

I have rendered out the same AE file through the AE Renderer and the encoder using ProRes HQ on both. I have tried to match the settings the sameā€¦ although both interfaces have slightly different options.

The Encoder render is much much darker and has more contrast. Subtle details are completely lost. The AE Render is much better and exactly as I see it in the program composition scene. I have attached a jpg.

My AE file is a 16 Bit. Any thoughts on why these should be so different?

I am on a Mac 12 Core - OS 10.8.5

ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

Running the latest versions of CC

Thanks in Advance.

TAK

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Contrast Difference Between Encoder Render and AE Render
on Jun 12, 2014 at 2:51:51 pm

What program are you using to compare the files? Have you tried importing to Premiere Pro and viewing with the YC scope?

Is GPU acceleration enabled?

Did you define a color space in AE?

Are you using a Dynamic Link from AME to the AE comp, or rendering from an intermediate file?

Please post screen shots of the export settings and, if possible, a comparison of the luminance distribution (YC scope) using Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

Glenn Tak
Re: Contrast Difference Between Encoder Render and AE Render
on Jun 24, 2014 at 7:43:17 pm

This is apparently an issue with Color Workspace Profiles. When I turn off Linear Light in AE Project Settings my images look like the output from Encoder. So there must be a way to embed the color space so that when it goes to Encoder it outputs properly.

Any thoughts?

T

"Nothing is Easy"
Jethro Tull

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]