FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to allow audio pass-through?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Hacker
Any way to allow audio pass-through?
on Apr 8, 2014 at 9:46:58 pm

Hello, I work for Big Table Media out of Sacramento, which produces Yard Crashers (and the entire Crashers franchise) as well as Yardcore, which air on DiY and HGTV. We're working primarily with XDCam stock but also include GoPro, DVCPro HD, FlipCam, and various other peripheral codecs. We're exploring an Adobe-based workflow to replace our aging FinalCut Pro 7 and Compressor system, and personally I like what I've been seeing on the front end of post-production with Media Encoder and Bridge, but I have a few concerns.

Primarily, Media Encoder does not allow audio pass-through, which is problematic since we transcode to two separate formats for our writers and editors. Re-linking media where the audio track count differs causes numerous disconnect issues, primarily jumping between source media files that have one, two, or four audio tracks. Manually setting up audio tracks has also been a problem, as setting fewer output tracks causes a downmix from the source, and having more output tracks than the source results in duplicate or excess audio.

We're using AME CC 7.2.0.43, but will have to stick with Compressor for the time being just to ensure reliable re-linking because of the audio track inconsistencies. I've seen that this same issue has arisen in the past few years with Encoder. Has anyone discovered a work-around to allow audio pass-through, or have heard of plans to add this functionality?

Thanks,
-S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]