FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do you have to have AME open in order for the contents of watch folders to begin transcoding? (AME 5.5)

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Do you have to have AME open in order for the contents of watch folders to begin transcoding? (AME 5.5)
on Apr 6, 2014 at 2:27:58 pm

I thought I'd start trying to make use of the Watch Folder system, only it seems that after I specify a folder as a watch folder and specify a preset transcoding profile for it to begin when files are added to it: those files only seem to begin transcoding if I actually open AME.

Is there no way for this behaviour to initiate itself without the program opening? Or for the program to be triggered to open when a new file is added to the folder?

It's not that it's difficult to open the software it's just that it seems to negate much of the convenience and advantage of watch folders if I have to actively decide to open the program since that's one of the steps I'd have to have taken anyway if I were creating a new queue of files and manually setting presets and transcoding. I know it's not the end of the world, just seems kind of strange.

I'm operating on Mac OS X lion 10.7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]