FORUMS: list search recent posts

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Schluntz
RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders
on Mar 7, 2014 at 5:19:46 pm
Last Edited By Jesse Schluntz on Mar 7, 2014 at 6:16:28 pm

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue).

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: ENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders
on Mar 8, 2014 at 11:32:25 am

Turn off CUDA/Open CL enabled rendering/exporting. Try only using the software rendering engine. It will likely be slower but if it gets rid if the glitch....

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Melvin Betaphats
Re: ENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders
on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:05:36 pm

Hi , I've been having the same issue.. I am also using the latest Mac Pro 12 core Dual D700 set up and my renders have been glitchy like yours! I hope that there is a solution.. Turning off open cl support would defeat the purpose owning this machine end of the day! :(

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Mar 10, 2014 at 3:54:48 pm

[Melvin Betaphats] "Turning off open cl support would defeat the purpose owning this machine end of the day!"

Adobe has to issue a patch for the problem. Until then patch is released, I would recommend turning off OpenCL when rendering. Yes, it will be slower, but you'll have the deliverable product you need.

I would also submit a Bug Report directly to Adobe:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jesse Schluntz
on Mar 10, 2014 at 4:38:57 pm

Thanks Ryan. I submitted the bug report already too.

jesse

Return to posts index

Melvin Betaphats
on Mar 13, 2014 at 3:39:35 pm

I've recently tweaked my settings using CBR instead of VBR.

While there are times the lines still appear, i found that it has helped reduce the issue as well.

Return to posts index

Jesse Schluntz
on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:53:02 pm

I spoke to an Adobe tech and he told me Adobe is aware of the problem and working with AMD to fix it. I reminded him that Adobe has a post on their site saying their software is compatible with AMD's Firepro cards. For now I'm rendering on my old system when possible, otherwise the only fix is turning off openCL rendering.

In case you haven't noticed, the problem occurs with rendering to other formats like Prores as well.

Bummer for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]