FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long Lines 1pixel tall appearing in exports

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Reeves-Fortney
Long Lines 1pixel tall appearing in exports
on Mar 1, 2014 at 10:28:56 pm

Hi There,

I've been looking around to see if I can get an angle on this problem. I'm exporting from Media Encoder CC and I get these lines that seem to be 1 pixel tall, and can go through about 1/2 or 3/4 of the image. They obviously look awful.

This only happens when I use the OpenCL render engine. When I use software only I do not see the problem.

This issue occurs in DSLR files edited natively in the timeline from a Canon 5Dmk3. It also happens with XDCAM EX 422 footage. It occurs to the XDCAM footage whether it's in a native XDCAM timeline or placed into a timeline set for DSLR footage. Again, only when I'm using the OpenCL engine for export. I have zero problems with the software only renders.

System Specs: New Mac Pro
3Ghz 8-Core Xeon E5
32GB RAM
AMD FirePro D700 6144MB
OS X 10.9.2
Running Dual Apple Thunderbolt Displays via thunderbolt
Footage is being pulled via TB from a 6TB promise RAID

Media Encoder V7.2.0.43
All CC stuff is fully up to date.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just an issue with the OpenCL engine and I'm going to have to wait for adobe release an update.

Any help will be much appreciated. If it would help to post a preview of the footage, I'm looking into gaining permission to post some of the content online for troubleshooting purposes this week.

--
Colin Reeves-Fortney

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Long Lines 1pixel tall appearing in exports
on Mar 6, 2014 at 2:54:31 am

[Colin Reeves-Fortney] "I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just an issue with the OpenCL engine and I'm going to have to wait for adobe release an update. "

I would guess this as well if one engine renders fine while the other doesn't. OpenCL still has some bugs to work out in comparison to CUDA. I'm sure over time they'll get squashed, but that doesn't necessarily help for today. There's a reason they say, "Living on the bleeding edge..." cause you're typically the one bleeding as you discover all the problems! :-)

[Colin Reeves-Fortney] "Any help will be much appreciated. If it would help to post a preview of the footage, I'm looking into gaining permission to post some of the content online for troubleshooting purposes this week."

If you can post a still of the video it may help people here troubleshoot for you.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]