FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME so slow to add a batch of files to the queue!

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Ferar
AME so slow to add a batch of files to the queue!
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:32:33 pm

After a shoot I usually have around 300 files from each camera to encode to ProRes. I usually add one camera at a time by selecting all and drag them to my ProRes preset. Then I have to wait 20 minutes for AME to add all those files to the queue and then I move on to the next camera.

I know about watch folders but the problem with that is that AME will change the file structure of the source files by adding a folder for every file. I don't like this.

Just wondering if there is a way to avoid the 20 minute wait to add a batch.

BTW- MPEG stream clip adds the same batch in 10 seconds but is limited to 4 cores.

latest Adobe CC on MacPro 6 core 3.33 with 16GB Ram.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: AME so slow to add a batch of files to the queue!
on Mar 6, 2014 at 2:58:23 am

I would go through Prelude. You can select all your shots, setup your transcode setting (presets from AME) and then queue it to AME. It will still take time to process the handoff but it may be faster than straight into AME.

I've also noticed that if I take footage directly off my card and into AME it's much slower than if I copy the card off to a hard drive (or RAID) and then add it to AME. Likely tied to the connection speed of how I'm accessing the card, as well as the read speed of the card itself (SxS, CF, SD, etc.).

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]