FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME For Multiple Cores?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Castro
AME For Multiple Cores?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:54:37 am

I'm currently working on some ML Raw files, and have colored my DNG files in Camera RAW.

I Import these into AE and then set them to be exported in AME. Doing so, I've taken a look and AME is only utilizing at most maybe 1 core max. I have 16 cores, 8 virtual, and there's just sitting at 1-3% usage.

My export time for a 1 minute video is 20min, and so if my core usage were increased, I think the export time would be increased as well.

So how can I do this?

I'm running a Mac Pro osx 10.8.5

2x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

running on a SSD and exporting to a regular HD.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AME For Multiple Cores?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 10:02:46 pm

My workflow is to render and export from the After Effects render queue to a losslessly encoded master file, and have the destination of that master file be a watch folder for Adobe Media Encoder. Then, Adobe Media Encoder picks up the master file and encodes it to my various output formats.

By using the After Effects render queue for the first phase, you can take advantage of Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing, which can make a big difference when you have a lot of processor cores and a lot of RAM to feed them.

See this page for resources about making After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]