FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes LT files have incorrect Timecode

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian J. Smith
ProRes LT files have incorrect Timecode
on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:40:09 pm

After spending the majority of my day searching for a solution to this problem, I am hoping someone on the COW will be able to steer us in the right direction. I will be posting this in the Final Cut 7 forum as well, as it has to do with both AME and FCP 7.

After encoding several hundred clips of various file types to ProRes 422 LT at 23.976fps in Media Encoder, we discovered that the timecode of the source clips and the LT clips varies significantly when we bring the quicktime clips into FCP 7 or Quicktime 7. This is also creating issues for the EDL.

The source clips are XDCamHD, H.264, and .R3D files. We set up a batch in AME with a preset for ProRes (LT) at 23.976. After the batch processes, we import the clips into FCP 7 then export an EDL from the sequence. The EDL shows timecodes that do not match the source clips.

The timecode is off by several hours, not just a few frames. If we look at the LT clips in Premiere, the timecode matches the source clip. In Final Cut, not even close.

Any ideas on where to start on this one?

If we use RedCineX to convert the R3D files, things seem to work. Also, compressor seems to have correct results. We were hoping that media encoder would be the solution as it processes these clips much faster.

We are looking for a solution that doesn't involve re-transcoding all of the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]