FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very Strange Behaviour

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Pritchard
Very Strange Behaviour
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:10:18 am

Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to explain this very strange behaviour. No matter what setting I enter into Media Encoder CC when I put it into queue it comes up with this setting

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Very Strange Behaviour
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:01:33 pm

Have you ever used that setting before?

AME typically uses the last setting you used or the last setting you used applied to that specific file when you drop something into AME.

Maybe AME is pushing you towards making more GIF's from your work! :-)

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:24:23 pm

That's the thing, I've never used that setting before. The only way I can now render an item is to export it directly from PP. It's getting very frustrating.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:21:37 pm

[Steven Pritchard] "The only way I can now render an item is to export it directly from PP.

Once you put the file in there you can change the output settings (or drag and drop other settings onto it). Are you not able to change the settings once the file is in AME? All the yellow text provides contextual menus that you can change as needed. Drag and drop from the Preset Browser also works.

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:42:04 pm

Hi Ryan, I can't drag and drop as I get this error message:src\Command_Duplicate CPP-202. I can change manually change the settings although I don't have the H.264 available.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:54:12 pm

Yeah….that's not right. Sounds like you may need to clean your cache (preferences --> Media --> Clean Media Cache). This may also be a deeper problem that requires a uninstall/reinstall of the software.

If you're on Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) then the process is a breeze. If not, you'll need to find your disks and de-authorize your software, uninstall, restart, and then install fresh copies of Adobe.

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
on Jan 15, 2014 at 10:02:35 pm

I already cleaned the cache out but that didn't solve the problem so like you I was thinking a re-install would be the next step. I will post the results just in case anyone else has the same issues.

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:11:56 pm

For anyone who's interested un-installing and re-installing hasn't solved this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]