FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Shift, Adobe Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Color Shift, Adobe Media Encoder
on Jan 13, 2014 at 1:46:45 pm

Hi,

I work on a black & white commercial and discovered something strange when exporting from Adobe Media Encoder.

The source is MXF (same as source from Avid) and output is set to h.264.
When switching between "source" and "output" on top on the left side, I see a color shift. When beeing in source mode the film is black and white but when changing to output mode the film got a green color cast or green tint all over it.

So, I basically cant find a way to export the film without this color cast.

stig

Return to posts index

Alec Eagon
Re: Color Shift, Adobe Media Encoder
on Jun 6, 2014 at 11:28:39 pm

I am having the exact same problem. You ever figure out a workaround?

Return to posts index

Argyl Dickson
Re: Color Shift, Adobe Media Encoder
on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:14:40 pm

I am getting a really serious color shift in Adobe Media Encoder as well. I am not sure how to handle it. I can go between FCPX and AE with no problem but when I try to export a final rendered file out of Media Encoder it increases the saturation and also shifts the color. I have been fighting this for over a year and a half but I am stuck with Adobe media encoder because we are producing .f4v's with meta data embedded. I also get a color shift in Premier when I bring things in from FCPX. I have tried to find an answer but all I find are people saying that it is a Quick time problem. The problem with this answer is I go between multiple programs with no color shift until it get to Adobe Premier or Adobe Media Encoder. I can go to AE, Davinci Resolve, Compressor, Motion, FCPX, I have consistent color until I get into Adobe Media Encoder which I would just walk away from at this point except I don't know of any other way of producing the .f4v files with embedded meta data.

Any ideas would be great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]