FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD File Naming with transcoding.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trey Leitko
AVCHD File Naming with transcoding.
on Dec 20, 2013 at 7:36:43 pm

So, I have aprox 2TB of AVCHD video on a 8TB Thunderbolt G-Tech Drive. Each individual "Private" file is in a folder designated with the proper Production info i.e. ProjectName_Day_Cam_Card# Example: HS_D1_ACAM_C1. Normally I would use Prelude to transcode (Prores 422) and name everything coherently. I can't do this with this project.

I have edited AVCHD natively (Using the PPCC AVCHD sequence preset) in the past with Adobe PPCC (using Prelude to name&transfer clips ( this process does not rename the .mts files in the privet folder)). This works okay but if you have to reconnect media its a nightmare do to the fact that the .mts files retain the original names. EXP: 0001.mts.

So, this is the question. Is there a codec or process that can make all this video into a .mov or . mp4 HighQuality, nameable file that can be easily played back by premier pro but will not increase file size 1min=1GB won't work here. I am looking to preserve the original quality (Being AVCHD there is limited quality to begin with) of the media. Some ideas I had were CINEFORM or a simple Quicktime using a max quality .h264 compression.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]