FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Encoder 5.5 Watch Folder Outputs

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darius Family
Media Encoder 5.5 Watch Folder Outputs
on Jan 18, 2012 at 1:01:28 am

Since upgrading to CS5.5 I've noticed a strange occurrence with watch folders. In CS5, source files would all be put into one "Source" folder. But now Media Encoder is putting each individual file into its own timestamped folder within the Source folder (See image for a better explanation).

I've searched around but cant seem to find reference to it anywhere (even in the Adobe manuals / help sites)

I know I can do a find all to grab all the movie files and put them back into one folder but is there any way to prevent this from happening?

(I assume the purpose is so that you have a record of when a particular file was encoded, however for our workflow (dealing with hundreds of files on a ftp server each day) its somewhat annoying. )

Using Adobe Media Encoder 5.5.1.12 (64-bit) on a Mac Pro running 10.6.8

Return to posts index

Chad O'Donnell
Re: Media Encoder 5.5 Watch Folder Outputs
on Feb 22, 2013 at 5:21:40 pm

This is an annoyance for me as well. I get the reasoning, but I wish we could turn this off. I still create ProRes proxy files for my DSLR shoots (Unfortunately, I don't have Magic Bullet Grinder to do this for me), and the upgrade from CS5 to CS5.5 has now ruined my normal workflow.

Any help... anyone?

Return to posts index

kendrick wells
Re: Media Encoder 5.5 Watch Folder Outputs
on Mar 7, 2014 at 7:04:22 am

Did you ever get this problem solved?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]