FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for Converting Highly Detailed ProRes video to YouTube mp4.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Floyd-Walker
Advice for Converting Highly Detailed ProRes video to YouTube mp4.
on Nov 20, 2013 at 10:02:02 am

Hello.

I originally posted tis question in the Web Streaming forum but with no luck so I'm asking here as well.

I have a video in which I used the Photoshop Oil Paint Filter to generate an animated painterly look.
I exported the sequence from Premiere CC as TIFF's. Processed the TIFF's in PS using batch. Re-imported back to Premiere and rendered out as a ProRes 422 HQ 1080p 25fps file.

When I use AME's YouTube 1080p 25 fps setting the result leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of the stroke and brush detailing is smudged out and the outcome looks very dirty and de-saturated.
Please check out the 2 frame grabs below for a comparison.

Original ProRes

YouTube MP4

Are there any alternative workflows, either in Premiere, AME or both that can improve the result.

Thanks in advance.
Rick.

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Advice for Converting Highly Detailed ProRes video to YouTube mp4.
on Nov 21, 2013 at 1:47:48 am

YouTube videos are compressed at a very low bitrate. There is too much detail in your image to be encoded accurately. Consider simplifying the image if the video is intended for web streaming. Otherwise, post a higher bitrate version on a different website.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Advice for Converting Highly Detailed ProRes video to YouTube mp4.
on Nov 21, 2013 at 5:50:00 pm

Haven't tried this, but read another post recently that stated you can simply upload the original ProRes clip and let YouTube encode it...if you have the patience for the large upload. Maybe something to try if the clip is not too long

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]