FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME CC - MPEG2-DVD Quality Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Lebusque
AME CC - MPEG2-DVD Quality Issues
on Nov 14, 2013 at 6:50:00 am

Hi Guys,

I've just recently upgraded to Creative Cloud and have noticed a significant drop in quality when encoding MPEG-2 files(For DVD Authoring)compared to CS6.

I first noticed the issue when encoding some content using a 2-Pass VBR at 5.5Mbps, the picture was breaking up horribly after almost every scene change, the picture would even stay pixelated for a few seconds after the scene change and slowly improve.
Bitrate was: Min - 3.5, Target - 5.5, Max - 7.5Mbps)

I analysed the footage and found the bitrate over that scene change and other compressed sections was actually going well below the minimum I set and in fact dropping all the way down to 1.1Mbps, despite me setting it to 3.5Mbps

I have since noticed this same issue on other encodes, this prompted me to go back and encode again with the same setting using CS6 and I found no such issue, so it doesn't appear to be related to specific footage.

So it seems AME CC is ignoring whatever I set my minimum bitrate too and destroying my footage as a result, although haven't noticed the issues with anything other than MPEG-2.

So has anyone else noticed any issues like this, or am I alone here?

Cheers,
Richard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]