FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME does not carry Timecode of Premiere Pro timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muthu Ayyeppen
AME does not carry Timecode of Premiere Pro timeline
on Nov 5, 2013 at 12:33:17 pm

Hello,

I'm exporting sequences using Premiere Pro CC export(as XDCAM 422 50 Mbits MXF)carries the timeline timecode (I've set to 10:00:00:00). If Queued using the Media Encoder, it exports but with Zero TC.

I've made sure that "Use Zero TC" is off and tried with various combinations on the best depth, maximum quality. Preferences within AME is set to accept metadata, etc. No good.

Any help?

Muthu

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
Re: AME does not carry Timecode of Premiere Pro timeline
on Nov 5, 2013 at 8:27:02 pm

We are aware of the issue and plan to fix it in a future release. In the mean time, the workaround is to open the Export Settings dialog in AME prior to exporting. Doing this will ensure your timecode is respected.

Tom

Return to posts index

Muthu Ayyeppen
on Nov 6, 2013 at 7:25:18 am

Thanks Thomas, that works!

Also found out that disabling "Enable Native Premiere Pro Sequence Import" in the AME Prefs also respects the timecode from PP timeline without opening and closing the export settings. Not sure what that checkbox means though? But found out below bugs that needs some fix -

1. Disabling the above checkbox stays good until PP and AME are closed and restarted, when restarted it comes back again!?

2. But, if you also disable along the "Enable Parallel Encoding", then both stays unchecked even after several restarts of PP and AME?!

Though the timecode issue is sorted with the above workarounds, would be happy if the fixes are done - also to know what those checkboxes actually mean to do?? please can you throw some light.

Many thanks,
Muthu

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
on Nov 6, 2013 at 7:55:49 am

Odd that the preference isn't staying unchecked. I'm not seeing that behavior.

You can read more about native Premiere Pro sequence support here: http://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/whats-new-media-encoder-7-1.html...

Parallel encoding: https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/adobe-media-encoder-preset-browser-a...

Return to posts index

Robert Berndt
on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:11:52 pm

I will also note that the workaround you cited here (disabling the Native Premiere Pro Sequence Import) will carry the timecode but fail to export 708 caption data from an MCC data file on the timeline. (it will, however, export 608 caption data)

The open/close export settings prior to export Thomas noted will work for everything though.

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:04:14 pm

Just wanted to update you all that the issue has been resolved in the AME 7.2 update released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/12/adobe-media-encoder-cc-7-2-dece...

No more workarounds required. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]