FORUMS: list search recent posts

Yikes! AME CS 6 just broke!

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Beaumont
Yikes! AME CS 6 just broke!
on Nov 1, 2013 at 10:14:25 pm

I've been working on a big project (encoding fifty 2-3 min movies) and I everything has been going well.
I needed to re-encode a few movies and tried to drag them to AME CS6 Encode window and it wouldn't let me. So I went to the pull down menu and choose Add Source, picked the clip and nothing happened. I launched Premiere CS6 and tried to Export Media. It opened AME but nothing appeared in the window.

1. Haven't upgraded or installed anything.
2- haven't had any crashes that might have corrupted something
3- Nothing precipitated this. One minute AME worked and an hour later it didn't

so I:
Restarted computer
Repaired permissions
Cleaned the AME Media Cache Database.
Repaired permissions
Trashed all CS6 preferences with Digital Rebellion Preference Manager.
Repaired permissions
restartted computer.

It is stil not working.

Any thoughts or ideas before I go through the painful process of uninstalling and reinstalling CS6?

mid 2010 Mac Pro
Quad-Core 2.8
Mountain Lion 10.8.5
stock graphics card (i.e.no CUDA)
16GB of memory
BlackMagic Intensity Pro

Jeff Beaumont

Words, Images, Sound
jeff-beaumont.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
Re: Yikes! AME CS 6 just broke!
on Nov 1, 2013 at 11:06:38 pm

Let's try this:

1. Launch AME while holding the Shift key. This is the best way to clear your prefs.
2. If that didn't resolve the issue, try moving the following file to your desktop and relaunching:
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/7.0/batch.xml

If that didn't resolve the issue, answer these questions and we'll go from there:
1. Did anything change on the system between when it worked and when it did not?
2. When you say you tried to drag them in to AME, was that from Premiere Pro or Finder?
3. Are you updated to the latest version of AME?

Return to posts index

Jeff Beaumont
on Nov 2, 2013 at 10:29:45 pm

"If that didn't resolve the issue, "

Unfortunately they didn't

"... answer these questions and we'll go from there:
1. Did anything change on the system between when it worked and when it did not? "

Nothing. Early in the day it worked. An hour later it didn't. No crashes, nothing new installed

"2. When you say you tried to drag them in to AME, was that from Premiere Pro or Finder? "

From the Finder

"3. Are you updated to the latest version of AME? "

Yes. The latest for CS6 6.0.2.81

Thanks for your help

Jeff Beaumont

Words, Images, Sound
jeff-beaumont.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Beaumont
on Nov 3, 2013 at 9:31:58 pm

False Alarm.
As a friend of mine would say it was a "pre-keyboard error".

i.e. ME

"what changed" was I must have tried to close a window in the Finder but instead closed the Queue window in AME. Being somewhat inexperienced with AME (I use Compressor and before that Media Cleaner Pro) I didn't notice that the Encoding window is not where you drag files. Apparently when I used the file menu to add source files it DID add the file to the Queue, but since that window was closed i couldn't see it!

I am still not clear why deleting the preferences didn't restore the stock window configuration ... but lessoned learned. That mistake won't happen again.

Jeff Beaumont

Words, Images, Sound
jeff-beaumont.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
on Nov 5, 2013 at 10:23:54 pm

Glad you are up and running again. I also know why the keyboard shortcut didn't fix the problem as it should have: I gave you the keyboard shortcut for AME CC. The proper shortcut for CS6 is Control + Alt + Shift at launch.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]