FORUMS: list search recent posts

80 hours encoding a 30 minutes video? What’s wrong?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo Matsumoto
80 hours encoding a 30 minutes video? What’s wrong?
on Oct 18, 2013 at 1:05:52 pm

Hi. I have a 30 minutes HD AVCHD footage edited in Premire Pro CS5 with strong noise reduction effects applied in After Effects. The issue is that it took 80 hours to render in H264 with only 1 pass!

Despite noise reduction is an intensive effect to render, I guess 4 days for a half an hour video is just insane. My computer is Core 2 Quad w/8Gb RAM, not the most powerful in town but should do the trick.

Is this normal???

Thank you in advance.

Pablo

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: 80 hours encoding a 30 minutes video? What’s wrong?
on Oct 18, 2013 at 2:25:32 pm

Some effects take a long time to render. It is not unusual for a single frame to take minutes to render---for example, when working in 3D or if certain effects are used.

If you had a computer with more RAM, then I'd recommend that you use Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing in After Effects to render and export the parts that you need from After Effects.

See this page for resources about making Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]