FORUMS: list search recent posts

59.94 to 23.98 Slow Motion

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Parsons
59.94 to 23.98 Slow Motion
on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:52:32 pm

Is there any way to convert a 59.94 H.264 clip to a 23.98 ProRes slow motion file in AME? I used to do this in Apple's Cinema Tools which allowed me to do it in batches with just a few clicks but Cinema Tools isn't opening for me now and I don't have time to reinstall.

If AME can't do it are there any other Adobe apps that can do this in batches? I found that Premiere Pro can do it but there isn't a quick way to export 100+ clips from Premiere Pro after I've slow them down.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: 59.94 to 23.98 Slow Motion
on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:02:38 pm

Bring them all in to PPro. Right click on them and choose "Modify-->Interpret Footage..." Chose the frame rate you want the footage to assume, in your case 23.976.

If you plan on editing in PPro you're done. Edit away. If you need to export those out then use AME and drag and drop them into AME.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:11:23 pm

[Ryan Holmes] "Bring them all in to PPro. Right click on them and choose "Modify-->Interpret Footage..." Chose the frame rate you want the footage to assume, in your case 23.976."

Thanks Ryan!

I was able to do this but I can't drag and drop from the project window of PPro to the Queue in AME. I tried starting in PPro and dragging but it appears as though I can only drag the files within PPro, not to anything outside of it. I also tried starting in AME and tried the grab the files from PPro but it just switches to PPro when I attempted that.

Can you clarify how I get them into AME?

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:21:31 pm

Sorry Dustin, my bad. You can only drag and drop sequences into AME from PPro.

So still using PPro depending on how you need the clips you can select 1 (or all), right click and choose "New Sequence From Clip." That will make a sequence with the exact settings of that file (resolution, frame rate, etc.). Then you can drag and drop that sequence into AME and fire off what format(s) you need.

1 at a time is a pain. But you can select multiple files and chose "new sequence from clip" and that will lay all of those out on the same sequence timeline back to back.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Oct 12, 2013 at 3:38:32 pm

Thanks Ryan. That works but you're right, having to do one at a time isn't ideal. I ended up using GoPro Studio just because I was in a pinch and that was able to batch process the files.

Sucks that Adobe doesn't have good alternatives to old programs like Cinema Tools. I guess it works fine if you're editing in PPro but I just haven't made the switch yet.

Return to posts index

Ryan Constantino
on Sep 21, 2016 at 12:22:00 am

This is an old post but I'm replying because Adobe has since updated media encoder to allow this function. Also this search result shows up in google when searching for this.

If you have a 59.94 video clip and you want to convert it to a slow motion 23.976 clip drop your file into AME and then right click on the footage and select Interpret footage and type in the frame rate you want. Then encode. It's that simple. I'm glad this is possible now.

This works for all kinds of frame rates to and from.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]