FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thin Black Lines while rendering, and after.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Webb
Thin Black Lines while rendering, and after.
on Oct 11, 2013 at 5:05:59 pm

My source is DV-Pal Widescreen 720x576
So that's my sequence settings.
And my output.

In AME everything looks great until I press GO, then at the bottom in the progress window I see thin black lines letterboxing my video. When I uploaded a video to youtube, there are still visible.

But I never see these bars when changing option in the export (output) window. Whats going on?

Also, even though the imported video, and output presets say DV-Pal Widescreen 16:9 720x576, those ratios are not the same - is that something to do with this problem?
720x576 = 1.4587 whereas widescreen 16:9 = 1.7779

Any tips please...

++ As we're all here, i guess we're not all there ++

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Thin Black Lines while rendering, and after.
on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:05:55 pm

Sounds like your "Aspect" is off. I would double check those for consistency. Sounds like you're moving from a rectangular pixel aspect ratio to a square pixel aspect ratio.

Within the Export Settings dialog box you can also have AME scale the source slightly to get rid of those lines if you are changing PAR's. Look just above where the preview video is rendered and you'll see a Source Scaling option.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jonny Webb
Re: Thin Black Lines while rendering, and after.
on Oct 12, 2013 at 8:46:34 am

Thanks.
I tried all three (last 2 options are greyed out), and its the same.

It all looks good in the Output window, but i as soon as i press go, i can see the Thin Balck Lines in the little progress window, and on the final products.

What elsecan i fiddle with?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]