FORUMS: list search recent posts

quicktimes won't render to drive - Error compiling movie / unable to create or open output file

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bart stevens
quicktimes won't render to drive - Error compiling movie / unable to create or open output file
on Oct 7, 2013 at 6:28:18 pm

If I try rendering a quicktime out of Adobe Encoder, Premiere, or AE, The render fails - Error Compiling movie, Unable to create or open output file.
This problem only happens when rendering to the specific drive (G) and only .mov files.
I can render a .avi file to the drive, or a .mov to a different drive.
This just started happening after I installed an additional drive (E) to my system (previously I had no problem rendering to this drive).

I've checked my permissions and everything is checked. I can write to or transfer a .mov file to this drive (G) with no problem.
It has plenty of space, so that's not the problem either.

The problem is rendering .mov files from Adobe products to this drive
(G).

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: quicktimes won't render to drive - Error compiling movie / unable to create or open output file
on Oct 7, 2013 at 9:40:12 pm

What exact versions of the applications?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

bart stevens
Re: quicktimes won't render to drive - Error compiling movie / unable to create or open output file
on Oct 8, 2013 at 2:56:51 pm

All of the applications are CS 5.5

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 8, 2013 at 3:42:29 pm

Hi Bart,

Try setting the export file destination to the root directory of the drive once, meaning G:/exportname.mov

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

bart stevens
on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:28:54 pm

Nope, same failure...

Return to posts index

Anirudha Mude
on Nov 16, 2013 at 2:20:10 pm

I'm having the same issue. Writes on all drives, except a specific drive. Di you resolve the issue?

Return to posts index

bart stevens
on Nov 16, 2013 at 5:49:09 pm

Nope, I'm swamped with a project and haven't gotten it resolved.
Just writing .mov test renders to the drive that will allow it for now.
Let me know if you figure it out.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Anirudha Mude
on Nov 17, 2013 at 4:22:48 am

It seems there is a issue with latest Quicktime. Read on the other forum that installing older version works. Try this one http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime731forwindows.html . Uninstall the current quicktime and install the older one. Worked for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]