FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with YouTube Preset in Media Encoder CC

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Lewis
Problem with YouTube Preset in Media Encoder CC
on Sep 23, 2013 at 7:56:39 pm

I have been using Premiere Pro CS6 and Media Encoder CS6 for sometime to produce 1080 videos for YouTube with no problem. When I upgraded to CC, when I try to export to media encoder and use the YouTube 1080P 29.97 preset, the final MP4 file is a pixelated (for lack of a better word) and blurry. This is the same source and same setting I was using in CS6. I have attached an image of the settings I am using.

Please help. :)

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
Re: Problem with YouTube Preset in Media Encoder CC
on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:52:45 pm

Greg,

I presume you are using one of the YouTube presets which use 2-pass VBR, yes? If so, there is a known issue where the quality will be, shall we say, less than ideal. This is an issue we are very much aware of and are working to get resolved in our next release. In the meantime I would suggest using either CBR or 1-pass VBR encoding.

Tom
Quality Engineer - Adobe Media Encoder

Return to posts index

Greg Lewis
on Sep 24, 2013 at 3:54:23 pm

Hosanna!! That has been bugging me for weeks! Thanks for the input Tom! I set it to 1-pass VBR and it worked beautifully.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:41:36 pm

Tom didn't specify when we're releasing this update with the fix, but I'll share this: We're aiming to have this update available in a few weeks, at the same time as the updates for Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Subscribe to the After Effects and Premiere Pro team blogs to get announcements of the updates:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects
http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]